Monday, June 6, 2011

Occupied

A bit of boasting here: I haven't bought a book or CD since the beginning of the year. The world of Capital trembles! As well it should.

The main reason for this is straightforward enough: I have enough unread books to last me the rest of the year and exploration of the music I own, insofar as it's own-able, demonstrates I don't know it well enough - well a fair bit of it anyway. But there are subsidiary reasons for my inertia on the purchasing front that are becoming more apparent the more I explore what is available on-line. There's just so much freely and legally available out there!

The site for Radio Three is of itself a remarkably fecund source of the kind of thing that keeps me more than occupied. And that's just one tiny island in a vast, seemingly limitless archipelago. Not so much spoilt as ruined for choice.

No comments: