Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Upgrading

It's fair to say I've come to terms with moving onto our sparkling new computers (one's pink!) having finally rid myself of the reliable (well, generally) old warhorse. We've got more deskspace, greater mobility, and get stuff done faster. But it remains a curious fact that whenever one of the new machines asks me to upgrade something, whatever it is I get doesn't seem to work as well as whatever I had before.

A couple of days ago I was prompted to download the latest version of Internet Explorer. It was quite easy to do, but left me with an interface I don't really care for. And whenever I press the button to 'Publish Post' on blogger.com (which I'll be doing in about four minutes) nothing happens - so I can't publish. I have to get into the site on a different computer to enable you, dear reader, to read my moaning.

And I know that's what I'm doing, moaning. The truth is, I'm lucky to own what I have and get done what I do on this thing, which is all down to the expertise of others. So essentially I'm just being childishly ungrateful. But it's great fun, so that's what I'll be. So there.

No comments: