Monday, March 28, 2011

Just Wishing

Levon Helm, Lauro Nyro, Hank Williams, the Last Shadow Puppets, Brass Monkey, Bellowhead, Daniel Lanois, Van der Graff Generator - especially the new album, Brahms - especially the 4 symphonies, Holst, the Unthanks, Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell.

Question: What do they all have in common - other than the music? Answer: They are all on the little post-it wish-list that resides in the back of my diary. Once they're on they only get off once I've bought some of their stuff or all of their stuff. (Which considering the considerable back catalogues in certain cases would involve a lot of the green stuff and a lot of storage space - assuming I don't join the interesting world of the down-loaders.)

Now how am I going to square this with my recent resolution not to buy too much of the listenables at this time? And this is not to mention a very tasty sounding list residing in my e-mail from nephew Sam who knows his music. Oh the dilemma!!

No comments: