Monday, March 14, 2011

Just Starting Up

Having to press all sorts of buttons, or rather click on all sorts of things that look like buttons, to do all sorts of things I don't really understand, just to get a new computer doing fairly simple tasks (or tasks that look fairly simple as long as you're watching them being carried out) serves as a reminder, if one were needed, of how much I essentially detest the new technology that grips us in its python-like folds. And I'm not talking the cheerful Monty Python here.

Occasionally I achieve something as I click and push and feel almost adequate. And then the darned thing does something I didn't ask it to do and my illusions of control are shattered. None that they ever ran very deep.

I know there are those out there who enjoy this kind of thing but am bewildered as to why this is so. I suppose the way it eats up time helps pass time for those who have it to pass. I haven't. I'd rather be sitting with a good book.

No comments: