Saturday, January 22, 2011

Handing Over

We passed the keys to the now empty Mansion this afternoon to Johnny and his mum. The place looked almost exactly the same as it had done some seventeen years ago. Noi did an amazing job of getting our stuff out and cleaning up.

I realised with some surprise that I'd lived there far longer than at any other home in my life. It was a wonderful seventeen years. From the beginning we both sensed the fundamental happiness of the house. It didn't let us down. And I like to think we didn't disappoint it either.

I suppose I should have felt sad leaving. I did, but only mildly. We enjoyed handing it back in good condition (and we've got our friend Gebian going in to paint and Siew to help Mdm Chng get some good tenants.) And we happily enjoyed thinking of all the good times, knowing we'll create more in the future, wherever we are, insha'allah.

No comments: