Friday, January 14, 2011

Cleaning Up

We're now in a sort of limbo between the Hall and the Mansion, and by next Friday we'll have left our former residence. The past couple of weeks have involved a lot of evenings spent preparing the new premises, with Noi leading the way on the cleaning front. She is a wonder to behold.

For me today involved three hours of fairly intense elbow grease after a moderately busy day at work, and a thankful hour at Friday Prayers. And, oddly, it felt good - the physical labour bit, that is. It reminded me of those long-ago days as an industrial cleaner.Mind you, in those days I could keep up the cleaning for hours and go off partying after. Now my back is aching like the proverbial billyho and all that really interests me is getting to bed for some shut-eye. But it still feels good.

No comments: