Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pastures New

A fundamental change in my lifestyle was precipitated today through the generosity of what in England would be known as my form and here goes by the oddly redundant moniker my form class. It was the last day of the guys - a lovely bunch, by the way - being officially registered and they decided, with typical generosity, to buy myself, their Pastoral Care Tutor, and Elaine, their real form teacher, a couple of presents each - viz, a pen and 2011 diary.

In my case both were of far better quality than the ones I normally equip myself with. So after years of wielding my cheapo cheapo signature black biro I rather think I'm going to use the fine and rather funky pen they have provided for me. (Nick tells me refills are easily available so this model will be able to run and run, as it were.) Apart from anything else it made my scrawl look reasonably intelligible so I may be able to actually read my messages to myself.

Not so stuck in the mud after all, eh?

No comments: