Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Not Enough Said

Even as I typed yesterday's post I knew it wasn't the whole truth (but then it never is.) It was a lousy day, certainly, but this related simply to a rather frustrating mess that I needed to help to clear up. Not that you ever really clear such things up or genuinely deal with them. Rather you apply a couple of sticking plasters and hope for the unlikely best. But the point I'm getting to is that the spillage from the mess sort of infected every corner of my day quite unnecessarily simply because I foolishly allowed it to.

So to redress the balance I'm just going to mention four bright spots of my Tuesday, in no particular order of merit, as they say:

1. Enjoyed all the teaching that went on. Really pleasant students and I think one or two learnt a bit.

2. Saw a squirrel crossing the driveway at work. Fabulously bushy tail.

3. One colleague talked about recovering from a very bad illness. Another of his young daughter's recovery from something awfully similar. More than enough to keep any small troubles of my own in proportion.

4. Came home to play Elvis Costello's North. My fourth listen. Genius. Now at the point that I'm carrying around fragments of several of the songs all day long.

Now if you can come close to matching that list I reckon you're very, very lucky indeed.

No comments: