Sunday, September 12, 2010

Less Than Full Capacity

Yesterday's pain lingers. In fact, it's now worse. Fortunately lying down brings complete relief so I enjoyed an excellent night's sleep. But any other position entails a fair degree of unpleasantness - including the position adopted to type these words. Ouch.

So it looks like I may call upon the missus for driving duties to deliver us back to blighty, though I did manage the driving for last night's Raya visiting. We're also considering popping round to the doctor's to see if a magic jab might be in order. I'm guessing that the problem is related to some kind of muscle-spasm. Years ago, in Mak's old house before the widening of the road here, I went through something similar and I'm hoping the pain might be similarly relieved.

If not, I can't see myself being overly happy in the week ahead. Over and ouch.

22.00

Quick update: survived the four hour drive back, with me in the driver's seat, with the help of some painkillers from the doc and a bit of grit and determination. Fortunately it was easy-going through Tuas (we were expecting a big jam) with the only really slow bit being after Machap, presumably on account of all the Raya-visiting traffic.

Undoubted highlight of the journey was Noi dedicating a Hari Raya song to me on the Warna radio station when we hit Singapore. My first ever song dedication! I can't put into words how simply lovely it was except to say it was simply lovely.

No comments: