Monday, August 16, 2010

Necessities

6 Ramadhan 1431

Later I'll be phoning Mum and we'll be booking the tickets to go back to see her in December. Things have not been good with her lately. She's been suffering from water retention which has led to her having one of her legs bandaged for quite some time, I think to prevent leaking. It's difficult to be sure what's going on at a distance. But one thing's for sure: she's been feeling generally very down and her general health has been deteriorating.

I've been phoning lately on pretty much a daily basis, usually to be told that things are very bad. I hope that being able to tell that to someone makes her feel a little better. Amazingly you can hear the effort she makes, with the little energy she has, to put a brave face on things and change the subject to how we are doing.

It was Noi who pointed out that we should go back. This wasn't in our original plans, and I suppose I was reluctant to see the obvious - that this was the only right thing to do. Thank goodness my wife has more sense than me.

No comments: