Sunday, July 11, 2010

All In The Timing

I can't see myself watching the World Cup final tonight. Getting up at 2.30 am to watch footie of any variety on a working day is now, officially, well beyond whatever powers I possess. The sole exceptions in recent years have been United games in Europe - usually finals. Having said that, I can find enough that's intriguing about the Spain - Netherlands clash to be genuinely tempted.

Truth be told, for the reasons stated above allied to a particularly busy week at work, and because of the poor coverage on cable here, I didn't get to see the semi-finals until this weekend. I sort of expected they'd be repeated in the evenings of the days following and was wrong. (In contrast, Astro in Malaysia used its four (free!) channels devoted to coverage of events in South Africa to provide round-the-clock repeats of recently played games.) I must say, I thought the Germany - Spain game was a cracker in terms of the quality of football played which makes me rather hope that Spain put their name on the trophy.

1 comment:

Trebuchet said...

You can sleep during Chapel at school on Monday morning! :D (Yes, I'm joking.) Bring some thick black coffee or purchase some at the pasta stall.