Thursday, June 3, 2010

Repletely Complete

Noi treated me to a slightly delayed birthday dinner this afternoon, except it wasn't dinner, it was high tea, which was even bigger than dinner. At least the one we munched our way through at Royal Plaza at Scotts (I think that was the name of the place) was. The experience was ferociously satisfying and I recommend it to any out there attempting to drive up their cholesterol levels and pile on the pounds. Though I must say, we both ate reasonably sensibly given the circumstances, given the temptation.

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Wow, that's a seriously good buffet. The one across the road at Straits Kitchen is also very good, and also halal; I was just there on 26 May for my brother's birthday dinner.

Brian Connor said...

Yes, Straits Kitchen is familiar to us, in its spectacular way. Last there in December with our nieces - another memorable occasion. Trust you enjoyed your May outing there. It's difficult not to.

I think Straits Kitchen featured on one of those wandering chefs' programmes. Someone like the Bourdain chap. Whoever it was praised it to the heavens, and rightly so.