Thursday, May 27, 2010

Heading For A Fall

One bright spot in an otherwise fairly bleak day: I got the results of the health screening I did a couple of weeks ago and the level of bad cholesterol has significantly reduced from what it was last year. It looks like cutting back on the voluminous quantities of teh tarik I imbibe has had the desired effect, and that's heartening considering how much I miss said amounts. If the level hadn't come down I'd have implemented some drastic changes in terms of what's on the old diet sheet and I wasn't really looking forward to that. As it is I can continue to enjoy the odd cuppa and reasonable helpings of epok epok and the missus's baking in an almost guilt-free manner.

I'm also looking to find some way of taking a bit of exercise in addition to climbing the stairs at work more often than is strictly necessary. If only I had world enough and time, as a particularly bright geezer lamented in quite another context.

3 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Are you sure it's not the nasi lemak or the laksa? They tell me coconut milk is a prime instigator of elevated cholesterol levels and LDL readings.

Brian Connor said...

You may have a point there, O wise one, but the missus is fairly sparing in her application of said milk so I think that aspect of our diet is reasonably under control. Both dishes are a rare, though exceedingly welcome treat in this household.

Trebuchet said...

I'm glad for you. Both of those dishes are favourites in my peranakan clan. :)