Saturday, April 3, 2010

Still Playing

Spent most of the day so far watching young people playing on stage, preparing for a real live audience at the end of it all. It's funny how making things up can be so much more intense than the reality of just living. I can understand how some players can become addicted to the rush when you get it all to work.

And just at this moment I'm suffering, sort of enjoyably, the intensity of the United - Chelsea game. About twenty minutes left and a season to save. It doesn't get more real than this!

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Actually Brian, having 45 seconds left after 4:15 of extra time to save the season AND being 0-0 at home against Wolves — is even more real than that! Fortunately, the Goon(er)s ground out another 1-0 victory in a style that is retro in its effects if not in its methods.

I did, however, feel aggrieved at Chelsea's offside goal. :)

Brian Connor said...

Yes, talk about leaving it late. This is turning into one heck of a season.

And I must say, if the Mighty Reds don't clinch the title (and I still haven't given up hope of them) I'll be delighted if the Arse get one over on Chelsea for it. I have a big soft spot for teams who really try and play the beautiful game.