Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another Puzzle

On a day largely devoid of music I just found myself listening to Yessongs, the live Yes album from the early seventies, featuring material from The Yes Album, Fragile and Close To The Edge. It sounded better on the Bose system than I've ever heard it before, but I can't say it really stirred me. A bit too busy for my tastes. But when I first heard it during my university days I know I thought Yessongs was the bee's knees. I was extremely jealous of the guy who owned it for being able to afford it. (An over-priced triple album, it was way beyond my limited capacities.)

Now here's the puzzle. As I pointed out the other day, my opinions are invariably correct. So why is it that recalling those of the past so often involves contemplation of pretty egregious errors?

Mind you, I always thought Jon Anderson's lyrics were more than a little iffy. Some things never change.

No comments: