Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taking Note

A day on which I get to play seven CDs can't be seen as a wasted one, even if it has also involved a whole bunch of marking.

Here's what what made the playlist today: Dylan's Another side of Bob Dylan; Richard Hawley's Coles Corner (for a bit of Sheffield); Badly Drawn Boy's One Plus One Is One (for a bit of Manchester); Sufjan Stevens's Seven Swans (for a bit of spirituality); Manic Street Preachers's Journal For Plague Lovers (for a bit, well a lot really, of angst); and Yo La Tengo's I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One and I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass - the last being my favourite title (as title) of all.

I must say, I'm quite pleased that the list sounds whilst not terribly current not terribly old-fashioned either. Now listening to Fafa tapping out what sounds like a bit of Bach on the keyboard next door, as a practice piece. And you can't get more current than that.

No comments: