Thursday, February 4, 2010

Casting

People can be funny. I asked the missus earlier who she thought might play us in a movie, and she just couldn't take the question seriously. When I suggested Mel Gibson (for me, not her) she seemed to find this hilarious.

To be honest, for me the real problem lay in figuring out who might have the range to play Noi. I plumped for Meryl Streep on the grounds she can play anyone. But maybe she doesn't quite have the look of a little Malay girl.

We sort of agreed on Julia Roberts and Richard Gere in the end. But Noi, for some obscure reason, was still laughing. Odd.

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers? :)

Brian Connor said...

The Fred and Ginger thing sounds plausible. The Astaire grace would suit me well, I think, and the missus certainly has the bite and joie de vivre of La Rogers.
Unfortuntely they're both dead though, so I think that makes them non-starters.