Monday, September 21, 2009

Sort Of Victorious

Last night's Manchester derby led to yet more grey hairs, despite United's eventual victory. Oddly enough I'd been discussing with Fuad in the morning, on the way back from the mosque, the possibility of Bellamy causing a few problems, so his efforts in the second half didn't exactly come as a surprise, though Ferdinand's presentation of a gift-wrapped opportunity did. And what exactly was Foster up to for the first City goal? I hate to say I could see it coming, but I could see it coming.

The fact that we had to view the game surrounded by the usual contingent of highly vocal Arsenal supporters here in Melaka (and to think we even applauded the Arsenal performance of the night before!) added to the jangling nerves. Rachid alone creates enough noise in his outbursts to make concentration on the details of the game impossible.

But justice was served eventually - face it, we tore them apart in the second half. At least I can relax a little when I watch the replay.

No comments: