Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shingled

12 Ramadhan 1430

Brother-in-law John rang last night with the news that Mum has got shingles. Since she sounded hunky dory on Sunday, when I last rang, this came as quite a surprise, a very unwelcome one.

I think it's floored me, she said just now, when I phoned her. Hardly surprisingly, shingles can bring even a big chap right down to earth - and these are clearly extremely nasty ones, wrapping themselves round her right shoulder. I don't think she's really slept for a couple of nights. She's also having problems remembering when to take the tablets the doctor prescribed. (The doctor was round right away - thank goodness for the National Health!)

So it's bad. But it could be worse. And she's an incredibly resilient lady. Not on the floor yet, by any means.

No comments: