Friday, September 11, 2009

The Loot

21 Ramadhan 1430

Pictured above, the swag from yesterday's expedition to Orchard Road. Our accomplices - Fifi and Fafa, who are temporarily in residence. This is the first time this Ramadhan that we have broken the fast outside, always a doubtful proposition, but in this case we got a nice cup of tea at the café inside Kunokinya so it all worked out well.

We've also now officially switched on our twinkling lights and tonight we're off to Geylang to pay the zakat for the year. Since I feel more than a little guilty regarding the outlay on the CDs (and I didn't actually get quite a number on my list) it's an excellent time to do so and remind myself of wider responsibilities.

Fafa got the Wimpy Kid book, by the way, and I really must read it myself. Very cheerful stuff.

2 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Ah, literary and musical indulgence eh Mr Connor? :)

Anonymous said...

Rolling Stones, Manic Street Preachers, and The Beatles. Excellent stuff.