Monday, July 13, 2009

Bodily Functions

Paid a heartening visit yesterday afternoon to Boon, heart attack survivor extraordinaire. It turns out that he acquired something of the status of a minor celebrity at the hospital which saved his life as he drove himself there whilst under-going said attack. He looked so fit, though only having been discharged yesterday morning, that I envied him. Still, it's one heck of a lot of trouble to go to just to get a nice extended MC.

Oddly enough Noi and I attended our own health screening at East Shore Hospital just the day before. This was completely unrelated to Boon's bad news as we had booked the appointment in early June. It coincided with my latest visit to my back doctor which has seen me all medicated up again. We are now awaiting the results of the check-up with the mild trepidation anyone over fifty (this bit just applies to me, so maybe I'm the trepidatious one) is likely to feel.

I've already been advised to go to the optician's, advice which I will resolutely ignore. The nurse seemed startled that I couldn't see the screen at all once my right eye was blanked out, but since I've known this since I was ten-years-old I'm not intending to let it bother me.

No comments: