Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beyond Words

We’re off to Melaka this afternoon to return one of the children to her rightful owners and probably to pick up a few more. I’m hoping to get quite a bit of reading done as there’s not a great deal else to do there. Noi’s massage lady is on the way from Singapore, though, and I’m due for a pounding, it seems, so that may interrupt my flow. Having said that, Tolstoy and Ackroyd are so unputdownable I can well imagine trying to read them whilst being pummeled.

In the meantime I thought I’d post one or two pictures attempting to do justice to the activities of the last few days before we set off. The camera, they say, cannot lie, but it cannot reproduce the perspiration, the laughter, the bad jokes, the tears and that curious sensation of thinking that this is all just how it should be.

No comments: