Saturday, May 23, 2009

Eyes On The Prize

It's been a funny old weekend. I've set it aside for getting work done, a lot of work, and Noi has gone off to Melaka with our massage lady, who'll be ministering to the family there and making a nice amount in the process. Not that she's in any way mercenary. She seems to let people pay what they want for her excellent service, but we try and make sure that she gets generously rewarded, from ourselves at least.

So the timing is good. I'm not exactly the life and soul of the party when I'm in this mode and the missus will have a far better time of it up north among folk with real lives.

Essentially I'm trying to break the back of my examination marking for the International Baccalaureate whilst clearing all the fiddly stuff that crops up at the end of a semester. If it works, if I work, I'll be home free this time next week, so I'm keeping that prize in mind. The trouble is both mind and body are announcing a state of cream-crackerdom and I need to put in at least another hour and a half starting now to stay on target. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Trebuchet said...

GARRRRH. I'm having to look at silly comments written by useless markers on various essays submitted by students and subsequently returned. About half the markers have decided that comments on essays should be limited to about eight words per student.

These students then come to me and ask me for help. And about 80% of the markers come from just ONE department.

I'm so glad that people like YOU are around.