Monday, April 20, 2009

On The Way Out

By the time I get back from New Zealand the system above should have disappeared. I've already dismantled all the wires at the back. There's another big speaker, by the way, just out of the picture, on the floor. We've made an arrangement with the karang guni man (hope I spelled that right) (the rag and bone man when Englished) to come and take it away at the weekend. We can't really give it to anyone as the turn-table, the cassette player and the tuner don't work at all, whilst the CD player is highly temperamental and beyond repair - according to Aiwa who sold this to me about twenty years ago.

Just twenty years. Nothing lasts these days does it?

Actually I'm feeling pretty guilty about cluttering up the world with dead stereo systems. I mean, where do these things actually go to?

We have a replacement on the way, something a good deal smaller, but I don't think we'll get it before late May. In the meantime I'm relying on a little portable CD player, again from Aiwa, this time about eighteen years old, for sweet music. I'll post further on the new system when it arrives.

No comments: