Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bearing Fruit

The last couple of weeks have been fruitfully busy. It's not often I've been able to use such a positive phrase about work over the last twenty years or so, so I'll have a little celebration that I can at least use it now, temporary as the state may be.

Tomorrow I'll be seeing my back doctor again. I'm hoping we'll drop the medication for a time and see if life without painkillers is a possibility. It will be nice not to feel that I'm tripping out around mid-morning for once. Mind you, I suspect the haze has improved my teaching.

4 comments:

Trebuchet said...

It's like teaching with some Guinness in you because the ghosts of people like Joyce and Shaw and Yeats seem to be whispering things into your ears and your students think that you are giving them the silver apples of the moon the golden apples of the sun and all the king's horses and all the king's men are putting the grand old duke of York over the sea to Skye...

Brian Connor said...

It's that damned Irish ancestry again!

Trebuchet said...

My inner Celt or yours? *grin*

Brian Connor said...

Both!