Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ready and Able

Ramadhan 13 1429

It was a bit of a struggle getting myself out for a run yesterday evening but once I got going I was pleased to find myself out there - a common experience. In the course of the run I found myself thinking about the participants in the Paralympics and the remarkable motivation (and skills) they possess. On cable we had about six channels dedicated to the Olympics last month. Why can't they find room for one now? I suspect they'd get a lot more viewers than they think - me, for one.

Why do they call these guys and gals disabled? - they look more than 'abled' to me.

And on another note (almost) entirely, I picked up Patrick O'Brian's Post Captain today and embarked thereon. I bought it for a couple dollars along with some of the other novels I've read lately at a charity sale, but I've been resisting the temptation of going to sea again since this is old ground, or old waters, as it were, for me. Messers Aubrey and Maturin are such fine company, however, that my resistance has finally broken and I'm now in danger of plunging into another reading of the whole series.

No comments: