Sunday, September 14, 2008

On A Spree

Ramadhan 14 1429

Fi Fi and Fa Fa joined us for the breaking of the fast yesterday, with their ibu and ayah, as they stayed over for today's big shopping expedition. We're off to Kinokuniya in a little while to 'spend' the book tokens I got for that Saturday morning workshop a few weeks ago. I must say, I've been looking forward to this little jaunt myself. I'm intending to acquire enough recent fiction (my idea of what's recent spans about three or four decades) to tide me over to the year's end, and possibly beyond.

In fact, I was explaining to Fuad how I came by the tokens I'm sharing with his daughters when Liverpool got their winning goal last night. I don't know if I blame my own momentary distraction from the game for Giggs's appalling lapse, but frankly Liverpool were well worth their victory. I assume the players were on the receiving end of the fabled hairdryer treatment at the end of the game - they more than deserved it.

4 comments:

Trebuchet said...

Yes, and Arsenal hammered four past poor Paul Robinson at Ewood Park with no reply. Ho ho ho...

The Hierophant said...

In total agreement with the last two sentences.

Brian Connor said...

Let's wait for the end of the season, gentlemen. There's a long time remaining.

The Hierophant said...

I thought Blackburn played quite well, despite the appalling score. And yes, it's a long way to go. Just momentary elation.