Sunday, August 3, 2008

Completion

Just back from Woodlands where Fa Fa serenaded us on the old joanna and I got to mark a stack of Fi Fi's grammar exercises. We gave the girls a quick summary of last night's band concert with much emphasis on the medley from The Little Mermaid, probably our favourite bit.

Played a bit of Amy Winehouse, the first album, in the car, and we were into the fourth song before Noi asked Is that Amy? (How she comes to be on first name terms with the chanteuse in question, I don't know.) After I answered in the affirmative the missus expressed surprise that we owned anything by her, leading me to point out that I'd been listening to her, and playing her stuff in the house, long before the gossip columnists had discovered the joys of documenting the wreckage of her life.

After touch down at Still Road I got on the blower to Mum to confirm that she is well, Manchester is actually warm, and she's off to bingo soon. And thus concluded as close to the perfect weekend as one is likely to get.

No comments: