Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Money Matters

For the last year and a bit I've found myself a reasonably regular listener to Business News, or something like that, on the BBC World Service. It's not that I've developed a sudden interest in such matters. It just happens to be what's on as I'm completing the journey to school at a time when I don't usually feel alert enough to listen to music or poetry (via spoken word tapes.)

As a result of this exposure to the wonderful world of finance, I've come to know that we (the world, I mean, in its world economy mode) are either heading for or are in the middle of a major mess. It seems this mess is the result of rampant greed on the part of quite a few people who've made a lot of money recently (for themselves) and lost a lot also (for the businesses they run.)

This may sound cynical, but I don't find any of this terribly surprising.

No comments: