Sunday, February 17, 2008

Victorious

I didn't even think about trying to stay up for the United vs Arsenal cup-tie, but Noi watched and told me the result just before I did the dawn prayer, which, allied to the prayer, made for a good start to the day. It will be fun to taunt some Arsenal supporters on Monday (not to mention long-suffering Liverpool followers) making up for the bleak week since the loss to City. However, I must say I would have preferred the victory in the Premiership and I don't think old Arsene was terribly broken-hearted.

Frankly, I think Europe is where the real action is for the big clubs this season, and I'm not too sure that's such a wonderful thing for the game. Looking at all the clubs from the lower leagues now left in the FA Cup quarter finals is strange, as if the top clubs can't be bothered anymore. All the big four rested players ahead of the mid-week European games, and for Liverpool the FA Cup constituted the only chance of a domestic trophy.

Speaking of being rested, it would have been nice to say that's what happened to me over the weekend, but that isn't the case. I'm at that point of the year when the to-do list makes such depressing reading it's probably best to ignore it. Simply coping is a small victory

No comments: