Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolved

In recent years I've found the making of resolutions for a new year quite a useful exercise. That's not to say I've always adhered to what I have resolved, though in some cases I have, but I can honestly say I don't let any resolutions fall out of sight, and some have been achieved over a time span longer than a single year.

So, in no particular order, here we go for 2008:

To improve my Malay to the point where I am reasonably functional and not just an embarrassing Englishman.

To eat more fruit and vegetables, and less of the stuff that raises one's cholesterol.

To exercise for three distinct sessions a week.

And that's all, really. Quite enough to be going on with, and all featured, in slightly different forms, in my list for 2007. I suppose I might be accused of a lack of ambition, and I'm rather pleased about that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh, not having you as an English teacher is probably one of the more depressing pieces of news I've heard in a long, long while.

Brian Connor said...

Losing students and classes of whom I'd grown very fond is the, sadly inevitable, downside of enjoying teaching. One thing I'm sure of though, Daryl: you will thrive in anybody's classroom. All the best for 2008 and make sure you ace EA1.

Anonymous said...

Kind words... Thank you and we ought to catch up over a cup of tea (for you) or coffee (for me). See you around!

Brian Connor said...

Excellent idea! Mine's with milk.