Saturday, July 21, 2007

Progressing

I spent most of the early part of the day in school making the Middle Kingdom. It was a good way to stop me missing Noi too much. I've spoken to her a couple of times on the phone since she went north and she seems to be enjoying herself, but I think she was a bit worried about the prospect of driving up to KL this morning. She's never driven in KL before and I think she finds the traffic there a touch intimidating (Malaysian drivers being even crazier, if such a thing is possible, than their somewhat more regulated Singaporean counterparts) but she knows the route well enough so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

Rehearsals went well today. I've been particularly pleased at the ease with which we fitted the music into the show (most of which has been written by a couple of very talented students, who have a real feel for how drama works.) A number of performers are visibly raising their games. The older students don't 'hide' their performances, as younger kids are prone to do - only unveiling exactly what they've got in mind on the first night - but we've really not been working on the show that long and I think they're just finding the arcs of performances clicking into place. We've also now decided on almost all the links for the show, so there's nothing left to write. It's now just a matter of making sure it all works by Friday. (Just!)

No comments: