Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Keeping Busy

I embarked on the other book from the library over the weekend, Ian McEwan's Saturday. So far (about a third of the way through, with Saturday morning almost done and dusted), so good. Considering the fact that I had a ferociously busy day at work today I'm pleased to have found a bit of time in which to read.

Yesterday evening saw Noi & I happily making our way to our friendly gym at Katong, and coming back equally happy but rather more tired than when we set off. I still managed to get some reading done afterwards so I felt even more virtuous than in the previous week. I was a bit worried I might have overdone things but I'm mobile today so the damage couldn't have been too extensive. A motto for the moment: just keep going, you fool.

Actually I've felt for a long time that stubborn keepgoingness is a crucial quality in teachers but it never seems to really get acknowledged in the various systems of assessment one gets exposed to.

No comments: