Monday, January 29, 2007

Exercising an Option

Did some reasonably serious jogging for the first time in years after work today. Altogether I completed 8 laps of the track, accompanied by Brian Ng for the last four. In fact it was Brian's good offices that really got me down there, otherwise I think I'd have been likely to have spent the staff wellness time (for that's what it is on Monday) just brisk walking around the school building. Finding the track was a bonus as it's easy to get a drink of water down there and I'd completely forgotten about the need to stay hydrated. I arrived there a bit before Brian, who was teaching later in the afternoon than me, and completed the first 4 laps by taking a break between each. I'm still frightened of doing my back some damage so these breaks were a way of checking that everything was reasonably in order. The big test will be when I get up tomorrow. If things fall off, or apart, I'll know I overdid it. The problem is that my brain still labours under the delusion I am in my twenties. But that's good because it was only four or so years ago that it had decided I would never move quickly again.

No comments: